Role will be responsible for primary, secondary & tertiary packaging development/data base management & preparation of specification. This role will be also responsible to work on PCR/Project management till implementation, standardization, cost savings and innovation projects.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS
• Engineer new packaging ideas, for India market, all channels, taking in account social and environment issues for packaging
• Good technical knowledge of packaging and expertise in making packaging specification. • Management of packaging data base and specification
• He/ She will be responsible to take over the “WEBCENTER” projects for implementation with 100% accuracy in data.
• Good hands or knowledge in “AutoCAD” or “SOLIDWORK”
• Build specifications and guidelines for master carton and inner/outer strength considering the flute strength, bursting strength, ply specification, transit validation and any other relevant tests and the parameters thereby
• Standardization of master carton, outer and inner carton. Keeping in mind what exists and with the objective to have the minimum amount of master carton as identified for palletization.
• As part of the development team, define optimal solutions for new products, following the process to launch product on time
• Work closely with manufacturing team, NPD team, procurement, designers, and qualification lab
• Proficient in identifying risks and reducing the amount of complexity in packaging
• Preparation of mockup and prototypes with the vendors
• Key person for drawings of packaging and communication on standards
BIC is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
• Packaging Engineer from IIP with around 5-6 years of experience in packaging development.
Excellent written/verbal communication skills
• Education: Engineering background with Post graduation from IIP (Indian institute of Packaging) or SIES (South Indian education society)- Preferable from IIP
• Willing to work on PCR/Project management related to packaging
• Good communication skill