- Understand that the first consumer experience is the package. Represent the culture and DNA of the brand or business segment being managed. Package Concept Feasibility
- Drive innovation by presenting new packaging concepts, technologies and delivery systems to support new Marketing, Product Development and Design ideas.
- Search new applicable technologies both within and outside our industry in order to continuously evaluate best practice and support product innovation.
- Provide comprehensive feasibility of each concept or package that defines function, manufacturability, component cost, tooling estimates, preliminary development lead time, risk and global consistency.
- Support the Strategic Management Initiative by managing all aspects of the development process.
- Package Feasibility.
- Packaging outline development.
- Component/ Package costing specifications and technical profiles.
- Supplier recommendation /selection.
- Failure Mode and Effects Analysis (Pre-Design Turnover and Post Business Award).
- Suggest tooling strategy to support both preliminary forecast and weekly rate of production requirements.
- Build value analysis into every new development ensuring the construction and design provides the most cost effective way to achieve design criteria but also provide the best function and quality.
- Manage projects through Technical Packaging to ensure design and construction meets all Estee Lauder engineering requirements.
- Develop and implement package test plans for all projects.
- Work with Manufacturing and Quality Engineering to define specifications, design criteria and defect ranges to ensure optimal process flow from manufacture of components through filling and assembly.
- Develop package specifications and validate that technical drawings clearly identify all aspects required to define the package.
- Ensure all projects are completed and meet the intended design, quality, cost, functionality, and manufacturability objectives.
- Ensure component production and filling/assembly are operating efficiently at optimal rate of production.
- Ensure that packages/components meet the needs of the Brand, corporation, Regulatory and Environmental Legislation, and consumer safety.
- Keep informed through colleagues, vendors, journals, professional affiliations, and seminars of new materials, processes, and procedures.
- Develop detailed component timelines including all package development tasks and manage them.
- Support Global Brand Supply Chain (GBSC) and Global Supplier Relations (GSR) with package development schedules and identify risks or ways to mitigate risks to support a component availability requirement.
- Identify and inform GBSC and GSR of any risks and or delays during the course of development.
- Establish workload priorities to ensure all projects are managed within expected due dates.
Direct and Indirect Management
- Manage direct reports ensuring they are provided the necessary support and tools to succeed on the assigned task or project.
- Communicate and work closely with all development groups including Marketing, Product Development, R&D and Design.
- Work with Package Operations to generate outlines efficiently and process artwork correctly and effectively.
- Work with GBSC and GSR to manage specific project development and provide detail analysis on risk when required.
- Build and cultivate relationships with Global Manufacturing and Manufacturing Engineering.
- Posted: 186 day ago
- Job poster: admin
- Industry: Engineering
- Job function: Engineering
- Compnay Name: The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.
- Website: The Estee Lauder Companies Inc.