A rapidly growing Food & Beverage company is seeking a Packaging Engineer to join their team. The Packaging Engineer will be responsible for establishing best practice methods and equipment
for packaging lines to ensure maximum production efficiency. This facility produces a variety of dairy products as safely and efficiently as possible, while meeting all corporate, customer, and
Packaging Engineer will be responsible for:
- Design, develop, engineer and trouble-shoot methods, materials and systems in the area of packaging equipment and materials.
- Develops or directs development of sketches, specifications, and written analyses of proposed packaging equipment in order to present design for approval.
- Coordinate project activities with functional groups such as quality and production.
- Evaluate and specify packaging materials, designs, processes, and equipment to improve cost, quality properties, run-ability, and meet customer requirements.
- Work with suppliers, equipment vendors, and production line/automation engineers to evaluate current materials/processes and explore areas for improvement.
- Serve as Project Manager for packaging equipment related projects or operations support projects as assigned.
- Responsible for reporting food safety issues to management and/ or Quality Assurance.
The following skill set is desired:
- Bachelor Degree in Packaging Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or related science.
- 5+ years' experience with packaging materials, equipment and systems.
- Strong understanding of Mechanical functions of packaging equipment required.
- CAD or AutoCad skills.
- Some travel maybe required.
- Posted: 98 day ago
- Job poster: admin
- Industry: Engineering
- Experience: 5 - 10 years
- Job function: Engineering
- Compnay Name: DSJ Global
- Website: DSJ Global