Job Description -
Our client is a major beverage company who is developing a counter-top Cocktail Drink Mixer Appliance. This position will be responsible for the development and refinement of consumer-focused Packaging Designs, Specifications and Test Methods for the consumable beverage mixes used in this Appliance. These consumable beverage products will be marketed through multiple Sales channels including Liquor Stores, Grocery Stores and Mass Merchandisers as well as via E-commerce.
The Beverage Packaging Engineer and the Appliance Packaging Engineer will collaborate cross-functionally and will co-investigate new packaging technologies and develop Packaging Systems to
support Client's New Products Group. Reports to the Director of Packaging.
- Develop and refine specifications for primary, secondary and tertiary packaging for the drink mix product line.
- Develop pallet load and truckload loading specifications.
- Collaborate with Marketing staff on new packaging initiatives.
- Provide advanced-level technical support to the Procurement Department, including vendor selection, capabilities assessment, audits, cost savings initiatives, and material qualifications.
- Conduct lab/pilot/scale-up tests, factory acceptance testing, process qualifications, and commercialization
- Work with Operations as needed to ensure optimal commercial processes are achieved.
- Coordinate Quality requirements and support adherence to specifications by suppliers.
- Identify possible areas for IP protection and files related patent applications with the Legal dept.
- BS in Packaging Science/Engineering preferred
- 5 - 10 years experience with fast-moving consumer goods products (fmCGP’s), preferably in the food/beverage/spirits category, packaging technologies & best practices
- Proficiency with softwares such as CAD (Solidworks, ProE, NX, ACAD, ArtiosCAD, others), CAPE, Excel, MS Word and others such as collaboration tools, Sharepoint, Confluence, etc.
- Familiarity/experience with ISTA/ASTM testing methods and protocols
- Proficiency/experience working with vendors is desired
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and consumer innovation
- Possesses strong communication, collaboration and project management skills.
- Ability to travel occasionally and work independently is required.
- Posted: 12 day ago
- Job poster: admin
- Industry: Engineering
- Experience: 3 - 5 years
- Job function: Engineering
- Compnay Name: Verne Johnson & Associates Inc.
- Website: Verne Johnson & Associates Inc.